What is a Coffee Table Book?
A coffee table book is one which can be displayed on a coffee table to entertain visitors/guests and brew exciting conversations over a cup of coffee. Hence, the USP lies in how attractive and well-made the book is. Unlike a novel or non-fiction, a coffee table book must have the potential to catch the eye in one go. A reluctant reader should automatically feel drawn towards it, and it must keep him/her glued till the last page.
- Are you a photographer looking for ways to showcase your skills?
- Want to gift your family a walk down memory lane with nearly-forgotten family photographs?
- Dreaming to flaunt your research in a unique way?
- Want to kickstart your career by showcasing your skills?
- Looking for ways to enhance the grandeur of your house and celebrate your exquisite taste in style?
A coffee table book is the solution for you. Instead of buying someone else’s work, why not let your own creative juices flow?
Zorba Books attempts to get you one step closer to your dream. Our experts know how to hit the right chord at the right time. Let’s learn from their expertise.
Points to study if you want to create a coffee-table book shine bright
Theme or Topic of a coffee-table book:
- It is essential that the theme of your book hits the right mood. Coffee table books are meant to suit a light atmosphere and hence, the more it can inspire conversation or debate, the better is its future. From photography to a collection of quotes, from witty comic-strips to fashion, architecture and culture, a coffee table book can house nearly everything. The aim lies in presenting it uniquely.
Design of a coffee-table book:
- A coffee table book’s future lies largely in the designer’s hands. It needs to be perfectly designed, brilliantly laid out with eye-catching features. The focus is also on the cover and the information on it that briefs you what the book is all about at one glance. Even the most attractive content fails to be picked up due to clichéd cover designs and not-so-compelling heading.
Including photographs/ illustrations in a coffee-table book
- No matter what the topic is, unique illustrations or awe-inspiring photography is a must. While sitting at a coffee table with friends or family, it is nearly impossible to dig into serious reading. However, that uniquely laid out picture or one rightly-placed word can shift the attention of the entire group, to your book.
What should be the textual content in a coffee-table book:
- The most significant mistake in the making of a coffee table book lies in compromising on the text while only paying attention to the design and illustrations. Yes, premium designing will catch the eye, but maintaining unwavering attention till the last page one needs to have a perfect blend of text and images. There must always be a takeaway for the reader.
What should be the size, color, and quality of a coffee-table book:
- Once you have laid out a structure, dive into the little details. A coffee table book generally aspires to be hardbound and oversized to accommodate the pictures and the text properly. Coffee table books do not conform to any fixed size. However, 10″ x 12″and 10″ x 14″ are the two most sought-after sizes in this genre. When we say color, we mean every single corner of the book, from base color of the pages to font color and everything in between. Every little detail must be taken into account to deliver that one perfect coffee table book. The paper quality should be excellent so that the photographs display as close to original colors as possible.
A creative graphic designer is an important requirement followed by a brutally honest editor. It is essential that you seek help from the professionals no matter how creative your concept and skills are. A professional eye combs through your draft and provides the finishing touches to make it stand out.
When it comes to coffee table books, the real deal lies in thinking-out-of-the-box! Once you have done that, all you need to do is to submit your brainchild to professionals who will shape it, trim it and ensure that the answers to what, where and how are perfectly aligned in your book. To view some of the best coffee table books, click here
An ideal coffee table book is one that is eye-catching in every aspect and once picked up, is unputdownable till one reaches the last page. It must urge the reader to look at it time and again.
So, what are you waiting for? Give your creativity the voice it deserves! Call us at 0124-4259579 or 8800509579 and sit with our consultants to get started.
To know more about other genres, childrens book, biography, memoire, poems, short-stories click here