This book is a guide for lakhs of income tax payers, who are facing big and small problems related to income tax. Simply by filing an RTI application, the assessee can nudge the income tax authorities to take the right action.
This book covers topics ranging from refunds to raids, like:
1. How to file an online RTI application for income tax issues
2. Filing tips are listed on
a) how to prepare various RTI applications
b)regarding income tax problems.
3. A chapter explains, how to get quick refunds from the income tax department
4. Ways to get a sure RTI reply.
5. Are questions about father-in-law’s income tax records allowed?
6. Can a CA make an RTI application for refund ?
7. Is one allowed to put in more than 200 RTI applications?
8. Can seized documents be reclaimed?
9. How processing of an RTI application takes place in income tax office?.
10. Many people don’t know that borrowing phrases from the income tax department’s citizen charter can yield results.
11. Questions and Answers are given in a long chapter, so that the taxpayers are educated about the salient facts.
The book encapsulates numerous cases, which helps a taxpayer know how to ask and what to ask, when they put up an RTI application.
The book is important for all assessees who have problems related to taxes.
About the Author
Meenakshi Subramaniam is a former IRS officer, who holds a diploma in journalism. After clearing the civil services examination, she was allotted Indian Revenue Service (IRS) posting. She has worked in prestigious positions like income tax officer and Additional Controller of Estate Duty. Many of Ms. Meenakshi’s articles have appeared in the famous Corporate Professionals Today magazine, of Taxmann Publications. She has also written for the Economic Times, Telegraph, Times of India, Hindustan Times, Statesman, Femina and websites like Taxmann, Rediff and Business Standard. Ms Meenakshi likes to write on income tax, money, personal finance etc.