Shades of Life
To the God
Who has no colour
No race, no religion
With no Bible, no Quran,
And no Geeta.
That one day
I would Like to live in a world
Free from poverty
Free from wars, and
Free from prejudice.
And that we homosapiens
Gather around a bonfire
To recite songs written
By the hands of martyrs
On the paper made from
Our heavenly trees.”
About the Author
The author, Raghav Gupta, is a young 15-year-old boy who on the face of it, has traits that any
normal teenager would have. He is cheeky, full of life, humorous and does not give an inkling of the
deep thought and emotions that is portrayed in his Poetry, in any other manner.Citations, Awards and Recognition
1. Recipient of Blue Tie for continued academic excellence. This Blue Tie is awarded by DelhiPublic School to students who have consistently been awarded the Scholar Batch for 7 consecutive years, for overall academic excellence.
2. Recipient of Blue Blazer. This Blue Blazer is awarded by Delhi Public School to Students who have consistently been awarded Scholar Batch for 3 consecutive years for overall academic excellence.
3. Stood 2nd in India and 6th globally in International English Olympiad Exam
4. Stood 2nd in school in International Maths Olympiad in Class IX
5. Represented school in Dramatics, Basketball, Table – Tennis, Cricket and Badminton in different interschool and district level competitions.
6. Part of Indian Cancer Society and helps spread awareness through ‘Nukkad Nataks’.