This book, serves as a reference guide for students, young professionals, entrepreneurs and industrialists in the areas of Ore dressing, Metallurgy, Applied Geology, and Mining with a focus on Mineral Processing. It includes basic elements of current practices of ore processing adopted mostly in India on a commercial scale presented in a very simple and understandable way.
It also includes the following application aspects:
- The reserves of each economic ore available in India.
- Scope of process flowsheet, material balance flowsheet, drawl of equipment specifications, equipment flowsheet, etc.
- Milestones to be kept in mind in execution of a commercial beneficiation plant.
- Estimation of water, power, site selection for a process plant.
- Basis for estimation of equipment and capital costs of the plant.
- Estimation of production costs and profitability.
- Environmental aspects affecting mining adversely.
About The Author:
G.S. Ramakrishna Rao has worked for over 50 years in the field of Metallurgy, and Mineral Processing spanning several countries including India, United States and Nigeria. His career spanned several organizations including the Indian School of Mines (Dhanbad, India), White Pine Copper Company (White Pine, USA), Durgapur Steel Project (Durgapur, India), National Metallurgical Laboratory (Jamshedpur, India), National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd. (Hyderabad, India), United Nations Industrial Development Organization ( Nigeria/ Austria), and MSPL Ltd. (Hospet, India). He is considered an experienced practitioner and expert in his field and has served as a member of official delegations of government, public and private companies to various countries to exchange ideas, information and knowledge.
He has a B.Sc (Hons.) in Geology and an M.Sc. in Ore Dressing from Andhra University, Waltair, India. He also has an MS in Metallurgy from MIT, Cambridge, Mass., USA.