Rather, than complaining, it’s far better to focus your attention and your energy on those steps you can take to solve, or at least lessen, your problem. For instance, let’s say you’re feeling a little tired lately. Instead of telling everyone how lousy you feel, make an effort to exercise more regularly or get to bed a little earlier.

Complaints work against you in three ways.

First, no one is really interested to hear negative news about your illness and your problems. It’s said that 90 percent of the people don’t care about your problems and the other 10 percent are glad you have them.

Second , complaining reinforces your own pain and discomfort. So why keep replaying painful, negative memories?

Third, complaining, by itself, accomplishes nothing and diverts you from the constructive actions you could be taking to improve your situation.

Seriously, all of us can cut down on our complaining and show some gratitude instead. At any point of time, our blessings far outweigh our problems, but we tend to focus on our problems.

Learn to differentiate between a problem and an inconvenience and make life easy for yourself, make things work brilliantly for yourself every day.

From now on, let’s do ourselves and others a favour and make our conversations uplifting.

The people who don’t complain very much and those who speak positively are a joy to be around. Decide to join that group so people won’t have to cross the street when they see you coming!

Put things in perspective, ask yourselves ‘whether it’s a problem or inconvenience’ and stay blessed.

Leave a Reply

Bhavani sundaram