Once you have registered on Poet and Author Spotlight. Going forward is easy peasy.
- Log in
- It opens to a brand-new dashboard for you
- On the left side is a menu bar, with the following tabs
- My Posts – shows all posts you have written so far
- Add New Posts – enables you start a new post
- Create Book – once all posts are written you can start the process of compiling them into a book and publishing them.
- Edit Profile – Incase you would like to make any change in your profile.
- Video Guide – To get visual aid/videos prepared specially for you to help you navigate the software so you can successfully write and publish blogs and publish a book.
- Log out
Top right side are another set of columns under MY POSTS
- Posts Title: title of all your posts that you have written will show here and whether the post is published or in draft.
- Genre: It will show the genre under which you are writing that blog. IF the genre is wrong, pl click edit and change to correct genre
- Language: Shows the language of your blog. Hindi/English
- Comments: Any comments that you have received on your blog
- Action: You can take 3 actions here. Preview, Edit, Delete.
To start writing click the Add New Post tab on the left hand side menu bar.
- A page will open up where you can start writing your creative piece. Before that pl select the given option on the top of the page. Choose a Genre, Choose a language (Hindi/English)
- Then write the title of your post
- You are ready to start writing! Enjoy creating enchanting, worlds with words.
- Once you finish writing don’t forget to either Save OR Publish.
- Remember each blog/post/writing/chapter is to be written as a fresh Add New Post.
- On the right-hand side is the preview page for you to see how the text will look in that page.
- At the bottom of each page you can view thew number of words appearing on that page
What happens when I press the publish button?
If you publish your writing will be visible to all on the Zorba Books Platform. Congratulations!
Can I edit my writing even after publishing it?
You can still edit the same if you like anytime. You can also unpublish anytime you want.
How do I get more people to read my creative writing?
You are now the boss of your writing go ahead and share, share, share the link of your post(URL) with everyone, everywhere. Build up views and watch the word spread of your writing prowess.
Once you have written a fair number of chapters/ poems/articles and would like to create a book from it. You Can! Some simple steps to follow to achieve success.
- In the left hand side menu bar click on Create Book
- A page with will open which says Book Designer. Under this there are 2 boxes. Step1: Cover Designer. Step 2: Select Content.
- The Front Book Cover Design Process
- Click on the EDIT button in the Cover Designer box.
- A page opens up That has two sections, Front Cover and Back Cover.
- The following details must be filled in the front cover:
- Book Title – Play around with the color, size, type of font and placing of Book Title, till you have hit on the one that suits you.
- If you would like to write a subtitle for your book, go ahead
- You have three options to develop your book cover:
- Design one cover using the options given to you on the page
- Upload an image of your choice.
- Make a cover on Canva and import that cover
- The cover can be previewed before finalising.
Move on to the Back Cover and follow these steps
- Write the synopsis or blurb
- If you have an ISBN place it in the ISBN box. You can also request us for one.
- Choose a background colour for the back cover, if you like.
- You are NOT done yet.
- SAVE then close before you move to the next step.
- Place the books MRP. If you do not know how to fix an MRP, click on MRP Calculator and find the minimum MRP you can keep for your book. You can price your book more but not less.
- Fill the MRP in the box.
- Well Done! You have created a cover page and you are on the final journey to creating the book of your dreams.
- Select Step 2, click the edit button and follow the steps given.
- A page opens with 2 sections, Dedication and Content Page.
- Write the Dedication
- On the content page click the green button that says Add Content.
- Adding/ deleting or even rearranging chapters is so easy.
Can I deselect at this stage the chapters/blogs I donot want to include in the book?
Yes. All the posts/blogs/chapter names will show below. Select/click ONLY the ones you do not want to include in the book. Below this, there is a section titles BOOK CONTENT. Each chapter/blog/ post title that you want to include in the book is visible.
- You don’t like the sequence in which the chapters are going. No sweat. You can rearrange the chapters simply by dragging and dropping the chapter in the sequence you would like it to appear.
- Once you are satisfied with the selection of blogs/chapters/poems AND their order you are almost ready to go.
- Wait! You want a last preview/edit/ removal of any chapter/blog? You can. Don’t believe us. Click on the edit symbol given on every page in the Book Content section.
- Yes! You are satisfied all changes done and you are ready to go.
- Remember to click SAVE then close
- A new window will open where you can see the download option for both the cover page and text file.
- You have made it.
- Download the soft printable files.
You have several options opening for you. You can select one or more or even all.
- If you are looking for distribution and sale on Zorba Books bookstore, send us all details of your book and the two printable files, voila, you are ready to begin selling your book on Zorba store.
- If you want an ISBN for your book and to sell on other online stores you can opt for that too. Zorba Books gives you that option or look for another company
- You would like to get an eBook made that is possible too. You can use this file to get an eBook created and distribute that on different portals like Amazon.
- You can simply get 20 copies or more printed with your files, for distribution to family and friends, as gifts etc.
Yes, that is a part of what we do. We have various plans to design eye catching, truly attractive covers. Pl go to the Tab that says NEED HELP at the bottom of the Create Book page. Click on the Formatting icon, a form opens up, fill in the details and Submit. We will get back to you.
Yes. We can help in formatting of all types, simple, complex and for coffee-table book. Pl go to the Tab that says NEED HELP at the bottom of the Create Book page. Click on the Formatting icon, a form opens up, fill in the details and Submit. We will get back to you.
Yes. We can help in editing of your manuscript. Copy editing, developmental editing and more. Pl go to the Tab that says NEED HELP at the bottom of the Create Book page. Click on the Editing icon, a form opens up, fill in the details and Submit. We will get back to you.
Yes. We can help in distribution of your book. Pl go to the Tab that says NEED HELP at the bottom of the Create Book page. Click on the Distribution icon, a form opens up, fill in the details and Submit. We will get back to you.
Yes. We can allot an ISBN for your book, simple. Pl go to the Tab that says NEED HELP at the bottom of the Create Book page. Click on the ISBN icon, a form opens up, fill in the details and Submit. We will get back to you.
- The software currently accepts 2 languages – English and Hindi.
- The AI does not accept any links or images
- The font used for body text is fixed so when the blogs are compiled into a book you do not experience a book full of different fonts.
- It’s possible that some formatting may change on downloading. Kindly check the file for any issues before printing.
- For help you can write to us with your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org