Squeezing out every bit of benefit from publishing your book
Here on our Zorba Blog!
What are the doors that can open as a result of self–publishinga book in India?
Lets look at examples of some well known Indian authors who have benefitted from self-publishing a book. Chetan Bhagat, Amish Tripathi, Ashwin Sanghi are some famous Indian authors, for whom publishing a book has opened many doors. Now they are not only limited to writing books. These are the very doors one should look at too when you are looking to publish a book. Lest you think these benefits donot apply to self/expert/vanity/POD publishing, look at authors who have expert published and gone on to reap exactly the same benefits.
1. One very important result of writing a technical, non-fiction book in your field of expertise is that your standing in your field suddenly seems to have a lot more weight.
2. Now you have something the print media can talk about – your book and in the process your skill, expertise and they let the world know about it. Go dig up that chance.
3. This could become the basis to be invited to give a talk on the radio or at a college/literary festival. A talk on a topic on which the book is based or on the book itself or other topics that could emanate from the book.
4. This establishes creditability for you as a person, entrepreneur, professional and as an author. Suddenly you are better known and recognized. It develops a feeling amongst the public that you are genuine (after all media has endorsed you) and safe for them to deal with. Go ahead play up your book!
5. This improves your standing in your community/society.
6. This is a testing of waters for your writing skills as an author.
7. It is a stepping stone to finally being recognized and lapped up by a large publishing company.
8. The last but not the least, there is a fair chance that your confidence in your ability as a writer and a master salesman is not misplaced. You WERE right and your books are flying off the shelves!
Simply put there are many benefits from self-publishing a book. It can help you open many doors, you just have to keep a look out and work towards it. Grab that opportunity and open doors, as many as you possibly can.
Read more blogs on marketing your book here