Is self-publishing a book the best option?
A question that plagues many an author/writer. Today, like never before the author has numerous publishing options open before him.
Situations in which self-publishing a novel is the best choice
- When you want to publish your book quickly.
- When you want to publish your novel with little or no change.
- When you would not like to wait for a publisher to accept or reject your manuscript( this could take between 1 -3 yrs)
- When you totally believe in your work and are passionate about it.
- When you want a stepping stone to traditional publishing.
- When you want to publish your book for private or limited circulation.
- When you want to explore the market to see what works
- You want to develop a book for a workshop/ training purpose
- Gifting as on anniversary, recording your child’s journey through life.
- Distribution within a company or a select group of people.
- Make a mark in your field of work, management, engineering IT etc.
- When you are looking at returns in terms of exposure, standing in society, doors that will open up to you etc.
- When you want to self-publishing a book the best option for display, sampling
- What are the numerous self-publishing options? Read about 5 ways to self-publish a book. You need to make an educated choice from the options available, which publishing option will suit you the best.
- Though the terms self-publishing/vanity/POD/expert publishing are not synonyms, for the purpose of this article we are taking these terms to mean what we in India understand as self-publishing. If self-publishing is the right way for you to publish then the next step for you will be to decide which publishing company will suit you the best.
- Videos of some self-published authors
- Watch more videos
We would like to hear how you have benefited from expert publishing.