Book enthusiasts, book lovers, book buffs, here is a page devoted just to questions you may have on different topics. If you don’t find an answer here, you can type your questions in the comments column.
Question 1: What are some of the best novels to read for beginners?
We have enlisted some of the best novels for beginners that are easy to read and comprehend. These will also enhance your vocabulary and better your English.
- The Fault in our Stars – John Green
This is not a terribly long novel, creates real-life scenarios in the readers’ mind. The writing is crisp and to the point.
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coehlo
This book uses straightforward and simple language that is easy to understand for first-time readers.
- The Palace of Illusions – Chitra Bannerjee Divakaruni
This book should be read by each one of us at some point in our lives. This book narrates the Mahabharata but from Draupadi’s point of view. Reading the book will give you a different perspective of the Mahabharata.
- The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
It’s a story of two young boys – Amir and Hassan who spend their days playing together. After a while, due to circumstances, they separate. The story will touch your heart with its narrative about friendships and family.
- Train to Pakistan – Khushwant Singh
The book describes the destruction during the partition times. The language is relatively straightforward and will leave a mark.
Question 2: What are the different book genres?
Here are some popular book genres
- Action and Adventure
- A comic book or Graphic Novel
- Detective and Mystery
- Historical Fiction
- Literary Fiction
- Science – Fiction
- Short Stories
- Suspense and Thrillers
- Women’s fiction
- Biographies and Autobiographies
- How to write a book in different genres?
Question 3: What are some of the best classics a book lover should read in a lifetime?
Classics we recommend you read
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- The Lord of the Rings – J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
- Animal Farm – George Orwell
- Gone with the Wind – Margaret Mitchell
- A tale of two cities – Charles Dickens
Question 4: Who are the Indian authors who made it big with self-publishing?
- RUPI KAUR
- ASHWIN SANGHI
- AMISH TRIPATHI
- SAVI SHARMA
Question 5: Is there any second-hand book market in Delhi, where I can buy books at throwaway prices and rare books?
Yes, that’s at the Sunday Book Market at Mahila Haat near Delhi Gate metro station, close to Asaf Ali road.
Question 6: Which are the book clubs in NCR?
Here are some popular book clubs in Delhi, Gurgaon, NCR
- DELHI BOOK LOVERS
- BYOB (Bring Your Own Book) CLUB DELHI
- GURGAON BOOK CLUB
- TALKING BOOKS IN DELHI
Question 6: I want to get my children to start writing. How does writing benefit a person?
- Writing works like a Therapy
- Writing helps in venting out
- Writing helps in imagination and creative pursuits
- Integration of ‘self’
Question 7: Who are the famous personalities who also chose to publish a book?
Well-known people love to be called authors. Some Indian personalities who also are authors:
- Ace Against Odds – Sania Mirza
- Playing It My Way – Sachin Tendulkar
- The Test of My Life – Yuvraj Singh
- I Do What I Do – Raghuram Rajan
- Convenient Action – Continuity for Change by Narendra Modi
Question 8: Any cafes where book lovers can enjoy food and books?
- CHA BAR
- THE MINION’S CAFÉ
- KUNZUM CAFE